Motherboard at 118°C ??

NoobPC97

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Hi guys, i recently installed speccy after a long time due to the fact that recently assembled pc i've built is working great and flawlessly... (6 months)
And it schocked me when i saw 117-120°C on the motherboard temperature... so i downloaded
HWmonitor and other programs but all displayed the same results..

IiFFetk.png

So i went straight into the bios and saw that it was reporting 20-25°C on the motherboard and 30°C for the i7 in idle...
Motherboard is updated to the latest bios and intel firmware (the latest update is recent, and made by asus to fix the breach in intel's MINIX).
So the motherboard is going to hell? I've literally no experience in this, it never happened on countless pc i've built for friends, but of course it happened on mine private rig :/
This exact motherboard model got replaced by ASUS because few months back during the warranty period due to a defective model that i had bought on amazon.

Any thoughts? Should i send back this mobo too? Was it the rushed firmware update to cause this?
:(

Update infos :
It's cold here anyways, and the pc has 6 (3in+3out) 120mm vents...
An old notebook with a i7 720qm has the motherboard at freaking 40-50°C even while hard works :c

InvalidError

Titan
There are multiple possible reasons for it...
1- incorrectly mapped SMB registers and/or scales in the software
2- SMB chip pins associated to those sensor inputs aren't connected to anything so the monitoring chip is reporting bogus values
3- defective sensor
4- something is actually that hot (unlikely)

I'm sure there are other possible reasons but in all likelihood, the first two are the most likely ones.

NoobPC97

Commendable
May 25, 2016

So a little update, i've checked personally by touch (i know it's not something to do... ) and motherboard was definitely cold as ice, even on the little Golden heatsink it has ... So im guessing either the latest intel update messed up something little, or some sensor are reporting back wrong data.