Motherboard Audio all coming out of the right side

JordanD22

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
It's not like that the left side works, it does however when I adjust the slider for the channels when i go right the sounds is louder and when I go left the sound is quieter. It's like the channels are mixed.

Note: My PC is 5+ metres away from the monitor so I use Cat5e cable to transfer the audio.

Solution
for some reason i thought you had an Asus, hence calling it the Asus hd audio. its same thing, they just rebadged it..

How long has it been doing this?

has it got right speaker settings? Are you running 5.1 or stereo?

Judging from fact you using same cables as I am, I expect you on 5.1? Have you tried unplugging cables to see if motherboard is recognising them correctly?

Try running the two troubleshooters, they can really help. A few months back I got new 5.1 speakers and spent 12 hours fighting them to produce 5.1 via analog cables (the ones you have). I knew they worked in 5.1 as if i plugged in the digital cable they worked fine. Windows was just refusing to see all the channels.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what version of windows are you on?

Are you running Asus HD Audio Manager? is that where the slider is? I see a main volume slider for balance so I assume that is what you using?

try running the playing audio troubleshooter (can also try the Hardware & Devices troubleshooter as well)

JordanD22

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

Windows 10
I have a Realtek HD audio manager and this is where the slider is.

Colif

Win 11 Master
for some reason i thought you had an Asus, hence calling it the Asus hd audio. its same thing, they just rebadged it..

How long has it been doing this?

has it got right speaker settings? Are you running 5.1 or stereo?

Judging from fact you using same cables as I am, I expect you on 5.1? Have you tried unplugging cables to see if motherboard is recognising them correctly?

Try running the two troubleshooters, they can really help. A few months back I got new 5.1 speakers and spent 12 hours fighting them to produce 5.1 via analog cables (the ones you have). I knew they worked in 5.1 as if i plugged in the digital cable they worked fine. Windows was just refusing to see all the channels.

Solution