Question Motherboard Audio Not Working

• Thread starter Deleted member 2922392
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2922392

My motherboard is Asus TUF Z690-plus WiFi D4 and its audio never worked since I built my pc. After I installed the drivers for the first time, I went to YouTube and wanted to see how was the audio but at that time there was no sound to be heard. I went to Windows' audio settings page and tested the onboard audio, the volume was set to 100 and the audio volume bar was moving, but I heard nothing. I am using Creative Pebbles as my external speaker and it works fine. There are three options shown in Windows, the Creative Pebbles, an 'AI Noise-canceling speaker' option (when I tested it, the Creative Pebbles let out a short and unclear beep noise) and Realtek Digital Output (which I believe is the onboard audio). Any helps or suggestions will be very appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Creative have a number of "Pebbles", which one do you have? Could you indicate using an image which port you've used to tether the speaker to your motherboard's onboard audio solution/port?

You should set Realtek High Definition Audio as your default audio output source, not Digital Audio Output.

Reactions: CompuGuy71
D

Deleted member 2922392

Creative have a number of "Pebbles", which one do you have? Could you indicate using an image which port you've used to tether the speaker to your motherboard's onboard audio solution/port?

You should set Realtek High Definition Audio as your default audio output source, not Digital Audio Output.
I don't see Realtek High Definition Audio in the Windows audio output device selection page, can you tell me where to find it? Also, I believe the speakers are just the original Creative Pebble and I plugged it into my motherboard's lime line out port which I think was the only port that allows the speaker to output audio when I tested it for the first time,

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Link to the pebble, like I said there are variants of it.

As for your audio, might want to reinstall the audio driver.

Realtek Digital Output (which I believe is the onboard audio).
That's the optical out, not analog connections. You should set the audio output to the analog audio output, in Audio Manager/Sound Control Panel.

Reactions: CompuGuy71
D

Deleted member 2922392

Link to the pebble, like I said there are variants of it.

As for your audio, might want to reinstall the audio driver.

Realtek Digital Output (which I believe is the onboard audio).
That's the optical out, not analog connections. You should set the audio output to the analog audio output, in Audio Manager/Sound Control Panel.
I reinstalled the audio driver before, didn't fix the issue, also, the microphone isn't working as well, can you tell me how to set the adio to the 'analog audio output' you said? I couldn't find such option and there was no tutorial on youtube.