Motherboard Audio Seems Flipped

Xohola

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
I have an intel dx58m01 motherboard that I recently took out of a dell xps studio 435mt and transferred to a new case. I connected the front audio jacks and they appear to have sound reversed. Sounds that should be in front of me sound as though they are behind, sounds to my left appear to my right. I have no options to flip the audio in properties and I am wondering if there is a way to fix this. I may have connected the audio cables the wrong way, however there was 1 pin missing on the plug and it matched the missing hole on the front jack cable.
This was the first time I ever screwed around with a computer and I have almost no idea what I am doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The case I transferred it to was a Rosewill U3 Challenger Mid Tower case. ==>http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Gaming-Tower-Computer-CHALLENGER-U3/dp/B005HJMQIS <== I was unable to connect the front USB jacks as they are 3.0 and I did not have an adapter ready, and I left the reset button unconnected. Very few of the wires matched up and the audio cable was one of very few that did. Everything else seems to work perfectly well.

Solution
No, not pins on MB, don't touch them but on the connector with wires to front panel. In the plastic, little metal connectors have a small tab that keeps them in the plastic, If you push that tab with a needle, connector comes out and could be placed in another place in the plastic. You have to disconnect that plastic from MB first of course.

Xohola

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Headphones, Also front and back audio is flipped as well. Loud sounds are quiet, quiet sounds are Loud. Literally every single thing about the audio is flipped. I checked between HD Audio and AC 97' and only HD audio works, but even then it's flipped

Xohola

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
How exactly would I go about doing this? I currently am using the rear motherboard audio ports however it limits how loud my audio can go (Not very). I have virtually 0 experience with computers other than changing the cases.

Xohola

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
When you say contacts, do you mean the pins from the motherboard that connect with the case connector? I thought that if you bent the pins or touched them too much you could damage them. Also I still have the old case which is from a dell xps 435mt. Would it be easier to try and disconnect the old hdaudio cable from that and try to replace the new case plug with that?

No, not pins on MB, don't touch them but on the connector with wires to front panel. In the plastic, little metal connectors have a small tab that keeps them in the plastic, If you push that tab with a needle, connector comes out and could be placed in another place in the plastic. You have to disconnect that plastic from MB first of course.

Solution