[SOLVED] Motherboard b75 x-star {Asking}

squidwardten

Prominent
Feb 9, 2021
hello guys, i just found this , motherboard b75 x-star lga1155, somewhere on the internet
that motherboard has nvme slot, im thinking to get this one for my old computer, it has xeon processor
but i cant find its official site, i want to know if it supports xeon processor
if you guys know about this motherboard, would you mind sharing information about this one? thanks you

Solution
I'd skip that board if you're looking for NVMe support while on that platform. In fact, the best that could happen with that M.2 slot would be that it supports SATA based M.2 drivers, not NVMe drives. If you have doubts of what I just said, go through every other maker's B75 chipset motherboard and take note of what their M..2 slots are wired for.

FYI, that's an M.2 slot, not an NVMe slot. M.2 is the slot while NVMe is the data transfer protocol.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd skip that board if you're looking for NVMe support while on that platform. In fact, the best that could happen with that M.2 slot would be that it supports SATA based M.2 drivers, not NVMe drives. If you have doubts of what I just said, go through every other maker's B75 chipset motherboard and take note of what their M..2 slots are wired for.

FYI, that's an M.2 slot, not an NVMe slot. M.2 is the slot while NVMe is the data transfer protocol.

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
A quick search shows (2) videos on YouTube discussing this very board. It is a "cheap" Chinese knockoff. The first video is from 2018 and the latest is a few weeks ago.

I would suspect this to have been found on Ali X or a similar type site. Probably a good idea to pass.