Question Motherboard battery's pins don't have 12v?

qnkov

Prominent
Dec 31, 2020
Hi, I have an old hp 6530b laptop. His battery was not charging and sat at 0 percent, so I decided it was over. That's why I bought a brand new one, but the situation has not changed. Both batteries shows defect with HP scan battery program. I tried another charger, but it still didn't work. That's why I opened the laptop and measured the pins of the motherboard to the battery with a multimeter. The two extremes, which are + and -, but they do not have 12 volts? Is this normal? Should this voltage be available or released under certain conditions? Or if there are no 12 volts, it means there is a problem, maybe some mosfet is gone?

qnkov

Prominent
Dec 31, 2020
I just bough replacement for my laptop's model, not original battery. (HSTNN-UB68 - 6535) and my original battery is STNN-CB69 , in the site says that it replace STNN-CB69
Both my batteries by HP solution are checked as defected. Laptop detect that there is battery plugged, but does not charge it and both batteries stays at 0 percent. If i have the same problem with both original and cheap batteries, doesn't that means that there other problem? But my questions is, should there be 12 v on the motherboard's pin to battery or no? Cuz i don't have 12 v on those pins.