[SOLVED] Motherboard beeping with new memory added.

Jul 23, 2019
I have Gigabyte B250M-DS3H motherboard in my computer. In the first slots one and two, I have 2 sticks of 16 gigabytes (32gigabyte) Consair Vengencence LPX DDR4 2133 MHz ram. When I attempted to add two of the same memory to memory slot three and four but the computer made a beeping sound and would not boot up. I reseated the memory four times and still the same. When memory was removed from slots three and four computers came on. I switched the memory sticks from slots one and two to three and four but the computer would beep and not boot up. I checked new memory sticks in slots one and two and they work.
My question is do I need to replace my motherboard because it seems memory slots three and four so not work pr is there a way to fix the memory slot?

Solution
Corsair as well as other memory manufacturers won't guarantee such combinations to be compatible together. Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. You would need to buy a 4 x 16GB kit to get memory guaranteed to be compatible together, not two 2 x 16GB kits or four 16GB modules sold as Singles.

When adding memory to existing memory, it is testing memory that has never been tested together before. You do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.
Jul 23, 2019
have you tried new ram in slot 1/2 and old ram on 3/4 ?

also have you tried to reset your bios and see if it will boot with all 4 sticks in place ? (boot to bios of course)
I tried the old memory sticks in the from slots one and two into slot three and four but still beeping sound and not booting. Not very technical so I do not know how to reset the bios .

Jul 23, 2019
I have Gigabyte B250M-DS3H motherboard in my computer. In the first slots one and two, I have 2 sticks of 16 gigabytes (32gigabyte) Consair Vengencence LPX DDR4 2133 MHz ram. When I attempted to add two of the same memory to memory slot three and four to have 4 sticks of 16 gigabytes (64 gigabytes) of ram but the computer made a beeping sound and would not boot up. I reseated the memory four times and still the same. When memory was removed from slots three and four computers came on. I switched the memory sticks from slots one and two to three and four but the computer would beep and not boot up. I checked new memory sticks in slots one and two and they work. I have also tried the old memory sticks in the from slots one and two into slot three and four but still beeping sound and not booting.
My question is do I need to replace my motherboard because it seems memory slots three and four so not work or is there a way to fix the memory slot?

Corsair as well as other memory manufacturers won't guarantee such combinations to be compatible together. Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. You would need to buy a 4 x 16GB kit to get memory guaranteed to be compatible together, not two 2 x 16GB kits or four 16GB modules sold as Singles.

When adding memory to existing memory, it is testing memory that has never been tested together before. You do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.

Solution