[SOLVED] Motherboard beeps after startup, but PC boots anyway. What does it indicate? (Video)

K1llrzzZ

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
Hi!

So my mobo started beeping a few days ago every time I start my PC, it hasn't done this before, however, it boots up fine after, no issues. Here's a video about the sound:

Video

Two things that happened recentally:

1.) I switched from my Asus RTX 2080 Ti DUAL OC card to an Asus TUF RTX 3080. Card seems to work absolutely fine, I had to twist the power cables backward a to be able to connect them to the GPU, I hope that's not an issue, here's a picture:

Picture

2.) My keyboard started dying, it still works, but sometimes it doesn't recognize when I press a key, other times it recognizes it multiple times (I press w and it writes www, but it happens to multiple keys).

My system specs:

- Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming

- Intel Core i9 9900K

- 2x8GB Patriot Viper 4 3400 Mhz

- Asus TUF RTX 3080

- Corsair HX1200

- Samsung 970 Evo Plus m.2 500Gb

As I said my PC works fine, I wouldn't mind it beeping once on startup I just wonder what it could indicate. Thanks for the help!

Solution
On page 2-15 of your MoBo user manual you have all "beeps" explained. The only one that would apply to you seems to be "One short beep" (all others are multiple beeps). And for one beep, there stands:
-VGA detected
-Quick boot set to disabled
-No keyboard detected

You mentioned your keyboard behaves strange... maybe it's that.

K1llrzzZ

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
To me, that's normal "POST succeeded" beep -you can probably turn that beep off in BIOS.
It only started to do this a few days ago and I didn't switch my mobo only my GPU. I don't know if you watched the full video, there's a quiet short beep first, that's normal, always happened, but then there's a louder one after, that's the one I'm worried about.

On page 2-15 of your MoBo user manual you have all "beeps" explained. The only one that would apply to you seems to be "One short beep" (all others are multiple beeps). And for one beep, there stands:
-VGA detected
-Quick boot set to disabled
-No keyboard detected

You mentioned your keyboard behaves strange... maybe it's that.

Solution