[SOLVED] Motherboard bending by CPU cooler

May 20, 2020
Hey, so I'm about to buy a new air tower cooler, specifically the Cooler Master "Master Air MA620M". Some reviews say that it is a little bit on the heavy side; I would be at ease if the pc was just in one place but because I live at my college dorms and they close down every time the semester ends I have to take my pc back home at least 2 times a year.

So my question, is there the possibility of my motherboard bending/breaking over mechanical fatigue by moving it twice a year with a heavy cooler?

Solution
Hey, so I'm about to buy a new air tower cooler, specifically the Cooler Master "Master Air MA620M". Some reviews say that it is a little bit on the heavy side; I would be at ease if the pc was just in one place but because I live at my college dorms and they close down every time the semester ends I have to take my pc back home at least 2 times a year.

So my question, is there the possibility of my motherboard bending/breaking over mechanical fatigue by moving it twice a year with a heavy cooler?

Generally speaking, it just makes sense to remove the heat sink those times you're moving. One of the reasons you'll see players like Cyberpower and Ibuypower throwing in cheap liquid coolers isn't so much to help their customers as...

DSzymborski

Titan

Generally speaking, it just makes sense to remove the heat sink those times you're moving. One of the reasons you'll see players like Cyberpower and Ibuypower throwing in cheap liquid coolers isn't so much to help their customers as to minimize the number of PC's damaged in shipping that they're responsible for fixing.

Solution