Question Motherboard BIOS compatibility with Ryzen 3000 Cpu's

Jun 28, 2019
I just received my ASUS Rog Strix X470- F motherboard today (29/06/2019). I plan to pair this with one of the new ryzen 3000 Cpu's releasing in 9 days. However, in order for this board to be compatible with these new CPU's it must have the BIOS updated to version 4804 or later.

My question is: Considering this 4804 update dropped on the 5th of June (24 days ago) will my new motherboard be able to run the new ryzen processors out of the box or will i have to hire an "AMD Boot Kit" as i don't have an existing CPU to update the BIOS?

I've contacted the supplier but they couldn't help me find what BIOS my board shipped with. Kind of shitting bricks so if anyone can help me out or give me some pointers it would be much appreciated.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm surprised the seller hasn't been able to help, and IMO I'd be letting them know of my disappointment of that.

Ultimately suppliers can have boards sitting on their shelves since release date with the original BIOS, that has never been updated, so it completely depends on what the seller ships with.

However you should be able to find what BIOS version it has by looking at the serial number. That or the BIOS version should be printed next to the model of the MB on ASUS models.

Reactions: FestyCkicken
Jun 28, 2019
I'm surprised the seller hasn't been able to help, and IMO I'd be letting them know of my disappointment of that.

Ultimately suppliers can have boards sitting on their shelves since release date with the original BIOS, that has never been updated, so it completely depends on what the seller ships with.

However you should be able to find what BIOS version it has by looking at the serial number. That or the BIOS version should be printed next to the model of the MB on ASUS models.

Okay thanks. I don't really think it'll be a problem if i share the serial number so:

Serial No: K3MCFM080459S38

Part No: 90MB0XH0--M0UAY0

From these numbers are you able to determine what BIOS it is running. Looked next to the model on the board and couldn't see any numbers

Jun 28, 2019

It does say REV 1.02 underneath underneath the model name on the motherboard. Is that it??

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It does say REV 1.02 underneath underneath the model name on the motherboard. Is that it??
No unfortunately that is the Motherboard revision.
The SN or PN doesn't have any references, it sometimes used to be, but if you can't see any other Versions anywhere else on the MB box itself, then likely you won't be able to tell.
It could have shipped with latest BIOS, but the seller should know that, and it depends how long they've had it sitting on shelf.