Shmo

Prominent
Jan 20, 2021
I have an MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS motherboard installed into my computer that I have had for about half a year, and I have been using it daily for gaming. However, I just now noticed that my system BIOS does not read a GPU being connected or utilized. I went in to change a setting with my VRAM, and I couldn't because I saw that it didn't even read my GPU. I have an AMD Radeon 5600XT. Is there a reason behind why it won't read, or a fix to it? Thanks

Solution
But my BIOS does not show anything about a graphics or video card anywhere, unless it is not supposed to (Disregarding the VRAM factor).
There is nothing to configure for discrete graphics card in BIOS.
You might be able to configure PCIE slot PCIE version used, but that's all.

So ... you're worrying about nothing.
" I just now noticed that my system BIOS does not read a GPU being connected or utilized "

How did you notice that if the GPU isn't connected or utilized? If this was the case you wouldn't see anything on the monitor unless you're using the integrated graphics of your CPU if it has one.

Yeah the VRAM settings in the BIOS is for the integrated graphics. Not the dedicated GPU.

So let's go back to the start. Are you using the GPU right now or the integrated graphics? Is the monitor plugged to the motherboard graphics port or the GPU?

Shmo

Prominent
Jan 20, 2021
Sorry about my confusing wording. I am currently playing a game, and the AMD software as well as task manager say that my GPU is being utilized. There are no issues with my monitor or the game, everything is plugged in and working normally. But my BIOS does not show anything about a graphics or video card anywhere, unless it is not supposed to (Disregarding the VRAM factor).