[SOLVED] Motherboard BIOS question on first time build

Nov 16, 2020
Hello, I have finished the build and updated the Motherboard BIOS but didn't see it was the beta version when I downloaded (D'oh!) I haven't yet installed windows and was looking for advice on how to proceed. Should I install like normal and then update the bios when the full version is available? or should I wait for the full version? Im a bit lost as this is my firt build, any help is appreciated! The motherboard is an ASUS TUF gaming B550 plus and the BIOS I installed is Version 1212 Beta Version. Also I missed the the re-naimer part..... oops

RYZEN 7 3700x
AMD Radeon MSI RX 5600 XT gGaming x 6Go
ASUS TUF gaming B550 plus
Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280
G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 8Gb x2
Corsair VS650

Solution
With a real new board like that I often use ASUS beta bios to avoid the issues that it fixes. I would move on to memory testing with the free version of MEMTEST86, and if it passes 2-3 times with zero errors install Windows.

Are you talking about the recommendation "Before running the USB flashback tool please rename the BIOS file (TGB550PS.CAP) using BIOSRenamer?" Just remember to read everything first next time, don't let the excitement force errors. ;)

And be happy that it powered up and you aren't here with a dead computer build. (y)

RealBeast

Titan
With a real new board like that I often use ASUS beta bios to avoid the issues that it fixes. I would move on to memory testing with the free version of MEMTEST86, and if it passes 2-3 times with zero errors install Windows.

Are you talking about the recommendation "Before running the USB flashback tool please rename the BIOS file (TGB550PS.CAP) using BIOSRenamer?" Just remember to read everything first next time, don't let the excitement force errors. ;)

And be happy that it powered up and you aren't here with a dead computer build. (y)

Reactions: Miyagi Kid
Solution
Nov 16, 2020

Thanks for the info! Yip I'm happy it wasn't dead!