Question Motherboard BIOSTAR B450mh caught fire pls help.

Nov 4, 2019
Hello, system specs:

Motherboard: Biostar B450mh ver. 6
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: GTX 1660 Zotac gaming
RAM: DDR4: 2x8 gb, 2400 mhz
PSU: 600W Falcon FLC - 600L

The pc have been running for 2 months now without any problem. Suddenly yesterday in the middle of a fortnite game the screen turned black. Only the front LED was still active. Then a spark came up and a fire for about 2 second. In this imgur picture I highlighted where the fire started and what area is damaged. I have taken apart the components and saw that only a coper wire or something like that got burnt and a little black there. I believe that the cheap power supply caused the problem as it might have malfunctioned. But I'm afraid to test the powersupply in my other PC. The other PC is a low end PC for surfing the web basically. I ordered a new higher and Motherboard and Powersupply. I am wondering is it possible that the CPU and GPU got damaged or the SSD and HDD? The fire was for only 2 second and only the top part of the motherboard got damaged right at the edge. Above the right chip next to the capacitor got melted a little so the name unreadable at the motherboard. Thx for any answers :)

View: https://imgur.com/a/8wbd3Ps

Hello, system specs:

Motherboard: Biostar B450mh ver. 6
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: GTX 1660 Zotac gaming
RAM: DDR4: 2x8 gb, 2400 mhz
PSU: 600W Falcon FLC - 600L

The pc have been running for 2 months now without any problem. Suddenly yesterday in the middle of a fortnite game the screen turned black. Only the front LED was still active. Then a spark came up and a fire for about 2 second. In this imgur picture I highlighted where the fire started and what area is damaged. I have taken apart the components and saw that only a coper wire or something like that got burnt and a little black there. I believe that the cheap power supply caused the problem as it might have malfunctioned. But I'm afraid to test the powersupply in my other PC. The other PC is a low end PC for surfing the web basically. I ordered a new higher and Motherboard and Powersupply. I am wondering is it possible that the CPU and GPU got damaged or the SSD and HDD? The fire was for only 2 second and only the top part of the motherboard got damaged right at the edge. Above the right chip next to the capacitor got melted a little so the name unreadable at the motherboard. Thx for any answers :)

View: https://imgur.com/a/8wbd3Ps
You'll just to wait and see. That burned part is part of VRM so anything is possible.

Nov 4, 2019
You'll just to wait and see. That burned part is part of VRM so anything is possible.

Thаnk you for the answer. What are the chances that it destroyed the CPU and Graphic cards? Does the motherboard prevent damage to other components? The computer display basically powered of, only the front case leds were still on and the fans were spinning when it happened. I'm not sure how motherboard functions entirely.

Thаnk you for the answer. What are the chances that it destroyed the CPU and Graphic cards? Does the motherboard prevent damage to other components? The computer display basically powered of, only the front case leds were still on and the fans were spinning when it happened. I'm not sure how motherboard functions entirely.
Yes. MB can prevent damage to other parts but it greatly depends on the reason that part blew. If it was because of sudden high voltage, it may not be able to prevent it for damaging some other parts. If it was because of ordinary overload, chances to damage other parts are very small.