• Now's your chance to speak with MSI directly! Join our AMA and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Ask your questions here.

Catch the next Tom's Hardware livestream on May 28 at 2PM Eastern: Catch the show here!

Need Hardware Help? Include the Info Requested Here.
  • Join our Best PC Builds competition and get on the Tom's Hardware home page. Check it out here.

Question motherboard boot light

Aug 6, 2019
Building my first computer and I have everything in right. i go to start my computer, (X570-F gaming) and it gets stuck on the boot light after cycling thru. I also dont get any display. I have ram in spots 1 and 3 and my GPU is a Geforce 2070 advanced

Aug 2, 2019
Are you saying its the led labeled boot? if so its a problem with your boot drive( hdd or ssd). That means it reached the point were it tried booting into windows off of your boot drive and failed.

Aug 6, 2019
Hey so I think i fixed it! After reading what U said about the SSD I checked all the cables back there and then turned it on and its fine now, I got visual and everything, thanks!

Feb 22, 2020
Hey so I think i fixed it! After reading what U said about the SSD I checked all the cables back there and then turned it on and its fine now, I got visual and everything, thanks!
I'm having the EXACT same problem. Was there a certain power cable going to where ssd is? I cant get any video and am stuck on boot light.

Sabrent 1tb ssd

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts