Question Motherboard bootlop (GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 (1.0)

Aug 26, 2022
Hi community..

I have a gigabyte aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 (1.0) and recently I had some BSOD because some windows 10 system files and driver problems, and after I tried to enable secure boot to format the computer and install Win11 to fix those issues.The computer don't boot. It keeps looping the motheboard logo screen.

So If I put an screwdriver in the 2 pins at the right bottom corner I am able to boot into the backup BIOS (I think, but not sure what that pin does) And I am able to boot windows normally and use the computer as usual.
What is interesting is that it works until the power goes out for a while, or until I turn off the PSU. If I do that, and I turn it on again, it get stuck in the bootlop , and I need to start it with the screwdriver again.

I just wanted to hear any toughts, maybe my principal BIOS is corrupted, and I am only able to boot with the backup BIOS. If that is the case, is it possible to set up my backup bios as the main one?

Aug 26, 2022
Well I dont think the OS is what is causing the issue, since it also happpens with windows 10 and linux. I think probably some setting in the main BIOS is preventing the machine from booting normally. I tried reseting the BIOS to their defaults but doesn't seems to work. Only seems to boot when I take the screwdriver and jump the pins.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
So If I put an screwdriver in the 2 pins at the right bottom corner I am able to boot into the backup BIOS (I think, but not sure what that pin does)
Only seems to boot when I take the screwdriver and jump the pins.

If you're not sure what those two pins are, then why wouldn't you take out holy bible of PCs (aka MoBo manual) and read page 37 to learn what those exactly are? :unsure:

If that is the case, is it possible to set up my backup bios as the main one?

No.

What is DualBIOS?
Motherboards that support DualBIOS have two BIOS onboard, a main BIOS and a backup BIOS. Normally, the system works on the main BIOS. However, if the main BIOS is corrupted or damaged, the backup BIOS will take over on the next system boot and copy the BIOS file to the main BIOS to ensure normal system operation. For the sake of system safety, users cannot update the backup BIOS manually.
Source: holy bible of PCs, page 85.

Reactions: pollog09
Aug 26, 2022
@Aeacus Thanks a lot for the reply. I got the motherboard manual, and seems like the pins that I used, are for clearing CMOS values. So there might be a configuration issue with the actual BIOS config. I will try to load factory defaults and configure according the user manual.