Question Motherboard boots with samsung nvme but not dell

ctles

Reputable
May 7, 2020
Have an AMI motherboard from an inventory resell that has 6 SATA ports with an m.2 NVME slot,
When i use the a sata m.2 it disables one of the SATA ports. When i plug in a samsung 970 nvme it boots and the other 6 sata ports work fine. But when i try to use a nvme drive from a dell machine it just pauses at bios with a A0 post code and i can't get into the bios? Any way to see why one nvme drive works but another doesn't?

Edits
Target Mobo: Version AIMB-586 Bios BV2.01
Dell Pre-built: mobo dead and tossed not sure but the system was a precision 3640

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Have an AMI motherboard from an inventory resell that has 6 SATA ports with an m.2 NVME slot,
When i use the a sata m.2 it disables one of the SATA ports. When i plug in a samsung 970 nvme it boots and the other 6 sata ports work fine. But when i try to use a nvme drive from a dell machine it just pauses at bios with a A0 post code and i can't get into the bios? Any way to see why one nvme drive works but another doesn't?
Does the Dell drive have the OS on it from the Dell PC?

ctles

Reputable
May 7, 2020
Does the Dell drive have the OS on it from the Dell PC?
I've formatted the drive on another computer, cleaned via diskpart and initialized as a GPT same as the samsung, at one point i think i even installed an OS via an enclosure on a different system but when i plugged it into the slot it got the same A0 error.

Last edited: