Motherboard burned components SOS

Sep 1, 2018
My laptop stopped working , when i sent it to repair they told me a component of the motherboard burned and they need to replace it .
https://imgur.com/a/9Qh2MMI
Can this component be replaced ? Cause i cant afford to change the whole motherboard , it s a laptop lenovo y700

Solution

Yes but at the same time they need to determine how bad the traces/pads are burned, while the capacitors on it can be easily replaced but the chip maybe a little difficult to find. And you will need to take it to a place that does board repairs most computer stores don't do board repairs as I know so far, and if you plan to do it your self you will need to get a smd rework station to replace the chip.

Pentium4User

Honorable
Jun 17, 2016

Yes but at the same time they need to determine how bad the traces/pads are burned, while the capacitors on it can be easily replaced but the chip maybe a little difficult to find. And you will need to take it to a place that does board repairs most computer stores don't do board repairs as I know so far, and if you plan to do it your self you will need to get a smd rework station to replace the chip.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS