[SOLVED] Motherboard burnt out, other possible breakes?

Jul 1, 2020
Hi All,
I recently had an issue with my computer where there was a section of the motherboard that burnt out (somehow) in the area highlighted in pink. https://imgur.com/a/a8oxXfK

After finding this out, I have replaced the motherboard with a new one that is the same model. However I am still getting the same issue as before where I boot the computer up, all the fans turn on, I can feel the hard drive spinning but there is no output coming from the graphics card.

• I have tried taken the RAM out, same result.
  • I have tried with no RAM stick at all, same result.
  • The new motherboard has been fitted, same result.
  • Tried different PCI slots for the graphics card, same result.
  • Re-applied thermal paste on the CPU and re-seated, same result.
  • I have plugged in a speaker to the motherboard, no beeps from it.
And so as you can imagine I am coming to an end, has anyone encountered this before that might have a better idea as to what is going on? Alternatively, has someone got possibly an idea of else might have been damaged when that area burnt out?

Specs:
AMD FX8350
Gigabyte GA 970-a
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8gb
Corsair GS700
EVGA GTX770 Classified

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you!

Solution
If there are no beeps, and you are sure the speaker works, when there is either no GPU or Ram, then the PSU, Motherboard, or CPU are defective also.

It is easiest to begin at the PSU and measure the voltages at the 24pin & EPS Connectors.

popatim

Titan
If there are no beeps, and you are sure the speaker works, when there is either no GPU or Ram, then the PSU, Motherboard, or CPU are defective also.

It is easiest to begin at the PSU and measure the voltages at the 24pin & EPS Connectors.

Solution
Jul 1, 2020

Ok great thank you i'll do some testing on the voltages.