Motherboard Cables

rogerla

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hello all!
I am in the process of building my first comp and I have a question. I have all my components ordered and I noticed the motherboard did not come with any cables. Am I missing something here (other than cables)? Here is a list of my components.

CPU - i5 3550P Quad Core LGA 1155
Motherboard - AS Rock LGA1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3.0 Quad CrossFireX and Quad SLI A GbE ATX Motherboard Z77 EXTREME4 (no cables included)
Video Card - Geforce GTX 650
Hard Drive - Seagate 7200rpm 500gb (No cables)
PSU - Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7,i5" (standard cables)
Optical - SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM (no cables included)
Case - COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (looks like standard cables inside)

I trying to avoid any surprises when I put this together so let me know if I need to order some cables or if I am way off base here.
Thanks for the help!

Looks like you'll need to pick up at least two SATA cables, if you're 100% sure your motherboard did not come with them (every motherboard I've purchased has always come with some accessories, including either SATA or IDE cables)

rogerla

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Thank you for the post.
I was puzzled too about the mb not including cables. So two cables should do the trick? What specifically will these cables be used for?

You will use one for the hard drive, and one for the dvd drive.