Question Motherboard cannot detect SSD and SSHD through SATA, why? FIXED

Mar 11, 2020
I already fix this problem... the solution is kinda stupid or ridiculous but it works.
Note: This fix may not or may works on your PC... The consequences is all yours though so GOOD LUCK!!! peace

Fix:Type "Windows Memory Diagnostic" on your windows search bar then run it. It may took for some minutes to run.... enjoy

READ:
I have Samsung 860 EVO and Firecuda SSHD. When I install it through SATA cable my Motherboard or PC will not recognize/read it... I go to Disk Manager, it does not show up and try to run diskpart still nothing happens.
But it does work through external cable run as external drive. But I want it to install with sata so it will run faster and I can install my games.
Is there something wrong with my Motherboard?

My PC Specs:
Aorus Elite z390 Motherboard
i7 9700k (Not Overclock)
Samsung M.2 970 250GB (for O.S)
T-Force Nighthawk 8GBx4 3200mhz
MSI RTX 2070 Armor (Not Overclock)
Thermaltake Toughpower 80Plus Platinum PSU
Windows 10 Pro Licensed OS
(Windows always updated) (BIOS Updated recently)
Drives:
Samsung 860 EVO x2
Firecuda SSHD 2TB x2

NOTE: My PC runs normal, no error, no BOSD what-so-ever. but without the drives though.
And I already tested the drives on another PC and it works.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Some SATA ports are often disabled when using a drive in the M.2 port....your 970.

From your spec sheet:
"* Refer to "1-7 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors. "

Your solution may be as easy as putting the SATA drives on other ports.

Mar 11, 2020
Some SATA ports are often disabled when using a drive in the M.2 port....your 970.

From your spec sheet:
"* Refer to "1-7 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors. "

Your solution may be as easy as putting the SATA drives on other ports.
I know that stuff... but for the sake of argument I give you an example as I state in the post I have 4 drives (if you read it though). For Example: the 1 or2 ports are disabled because I use M.2 nvme why then the other 2 drives are not detected? that's my problem I already switch the drives back in fort... nothing happens as in not detected at all...

Mar 11, 2020
I mentioned that, because you did not mention that in your OP.

So, with one SATA drive (the 860 or the FireCuda), checking in each of the SATA ports...it works in none of them?

Actually I posted this error so many times on the internet and all I got is people questioning me back and after I've answered them, they have no fix that can provide to solve the error or at least just a hint how to fix them..