[SOLVED] Motherboard can't read iso file

Jun 30, 2020
I just built my first build using an ASUS TUF Gaming x570-plus motherboard. I downloaded the Windows ISO file onto a USB drive and plugged it in. The USB displays on the BIOS Boot Priority List, so I put it at the top. When I reboot I get a message saying "Checking Media Presence... No Media Detected" and then a screen that says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". I believe the problem is that the computer isn't recognizing the ISO file, and not that it can't recognize the USB, but I don't know why that would be the case. Any suggestions?

Solution
Well, yes. The USB drive is empty except for the ISO file. The computer fits the system requirements. I made sure to download the 64 bit download. The motherboard is in the same language as the file. I'm not sure what instructions you're talking about though. There aren't any Windows computers in my house so the Media Installation Tool doesn't run on my computer. You just download the ISO file directly onto the computer and then transfer it to the USB.
It will not boot with ISO file only, at very least you must copy contents of of ISO file to a USB dongle formatted to Fat32.
Which other computer do you have ?
I just built my first build using an ASUS TUF Gaming x570-plus motherboard. I downloaded the Windows ISO file onto a USB drive and plugged it in. The USB displays on the BIOS Boot Priority List, so I put it at the top. When I reboot I get a message saying "Checking Media Presence... No Media Detected" and then a screen that says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". I believe the problem is that the computer isn't recognizing the ISO file, and not that it can't recognize the USB, but I don't know why that would be the case. Any suggestions?
Did you exactly follow the instruction for preparing the Media installation tools for Win 10 ?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
It is not simply putting the ISO file on a USB stick

Jun 30, 2020
Did you exactly follow the instruction for preparing the Media installation tools for Win 10 ?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
It is not simply putting the ISO file on a USB stick
Well, yes. The USB drive is empty except for the ISO file. The computer fits the system requirements. I made sure to download the 64 bit download. The motherboard is in the same language as the file. I'm not sure what instructions you're talking about though. There aren't any Windows computers in my house so the Media Installation Tool doesn't run on my computer. You just download the ISO file directly onto the computer and then transfer it to the USB.

It will not boot with ISO file only, at very least you must copy contents of of ISO file to a USB dongle formatted to Fat32.
Which other computer do you have ?

Solution