[SOLVED] Motherboard Capable of 10 bit 4k output?

Jun 29, 2021
Good afternoon,

I apologize in advance if this has been asked, but I searched for this for several days, and couldn't find this question asked and answered within the last 2 years.

I am a photographer, and have recently purchased ASUS ProArt PA329C monitor for photo editing. I was primarily excited about the 100% adobeRGB coverage, color correction, and 10 bit gamut capabilities.

I am in the process of building a computer, and would love some guidance on how to ensure that I take full advantage of this monitor's capabilities. My only other use for this computer will be as a work from home computer. Considering this, I don't feel that I have a need for a dedicated GPU.

I know that there are motherboards that can output 4k, but I am wondering if there are any mother boards that can output 4k in 10 bit? Is this feasible, or do I just need to suck it up and buy a quadro?

Thanks for your time, thoughts, guidance, and any follow-up question you might have.

Drew

Solution
hi, for 10bit u will need quadro or radeon pro
normal consumer cards have 10bit available just through HDR or exclusive fullscreen, which is something you cant do in adobe photoshop