Question Motherboard causing stutters?

Apr 21, 2020
Hey I'm looking for a little bit of help with a problem I'm having regarding stuttering. I recently built a pc for my friend. This is the parts list that I ended up using for the build https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jruane2/saved/#view=qQjNP6 . So far, everything's been good with the computer except sometimes when he's playing games, he'll randomly have stutters and his game will get super delayed. He says it happens most frequently in league of legends at the start or end of a game, where it will freeze, and every few seconds he'll get a new, super delayed frame on his screen.

I had initially thought it was a GPU problem, but I had him monitor his temperatures and speeds and everything seems normal with it. I also had him run tests on his cpu, ram, and C drive and everything has come back normal it seems. I even made him lower his ram frequency just in case and the issue still persists. This leads me to believe it's something with the motherboard, but I have no idea what or why. I haven't updated his bios, as the bios on there was already relatively new, but that's probably going to end up being my next step. Any suggestions? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS