[SOLVED] Motherboard Chipset compatible with i5-6600k ?

chirix9

Reputable
Jan 10, 2020
Is the Biostar B250MHC Express compatible with i5-6600k ?

Yes they are compatible, but I can't find "Express" version of that motherboard ?

Biostar B250MHC

Last edited:
The board that you require just has to have 1151 socket, because the CPU: i5 6600K is 1151.

200 Series Motherboards.
Not correct. A 300 series board uses the same socket but is not compatible. Either a 100 or 200 series should work but always best to check the cpu support list as some OEM motherboards can have incomplete cpu support for a generation. Also if the OP want to take advantage of the ‘k’ overclocking feature they need a Z motherboard and not B or H.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Not correct. A 300 series board uses the same socket but is not compatible. Either a 100 or 200 series should work but always best to check the cpu support list as some OEM motherboards can have incomplete cpu support for a generation. Also if the OP want to take advantage of the ‘k’ overclocking feature they need a Z motherboard and not B or H.

That clears up what series of board is required but what about the "express" that the OP actually wanted to know about.

Back in the day, an express board to me meant that it, it's the smaller version of a full board of the same.

I doubt that express or non express should cause any compatibility issue, as along as the above mentioned socket and series match the cpu's requirements.

That clears up what series of board is required but what about the "express" that the OP actually wanted to know about.

Back in the day, an express board to me meant that it, it's the smaller version of a full board of the same.

I doubt that express or non express should cause any compatibility issue, as along as the above mentioned socket and series match the cpu's requirements.
I have never seen Express used as a description of board size, not saying it hasn't been just never seen it. The term Express would make me think of 2 version of a small board that came with or without PCIE or just marketing fluff. For sizing of boards in this generation of Intel cpu I would expect the ATX standards for sizing.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I have never seen Express used as a description of board size, not saying it hasn't been just never seen it. The term Express would make me think of 2 version of a small board that came with or without PCIE or just marketing fluff. For sizing of boards in this generation of Intel cpu I would expect the ATX standards for sizing.

Yeah like marketing slogan probably, once apon a time I had an Express (it said Express on the box) version of a board and the only difference to the bigger more expensive models was that it had only one PCIe instead of more and only Two slots for ram, and it came in an Mini ATX form factor.