mazasrb

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2012

R_1

Splendid
Herald
my suggestions and why
first. Asus. strong PCIe slot, good VRM cooling
second. Gigabyte, better VRM cooling than the ASRock board. standard strength PCIe slot.
third. woeful VRM cooling will hinder OC abilities, strong slot. if storage is a necessity the ASRock wins it with the 2 x M.2 slots. if running at stock the ASRock would be first on the list.

the chipsets being equal you are looking at variations on a theme. what the makers did different is what sets the boards apart.

Reactions: mazasrb
my suggestions and why
first. Asus. strong PCIe slot, good VRM cooling
second. Gigabyte, better VRM cooling than the ASRock board. standard strength PCIe slot.
third. woeful VRM cooling will hinder OC abilities, strong slot. if storage is a necessity the ASRock wins it with the 2 x M.2 slots. if running at stock the ASRock would be first on the list.
Why are M.2 slots good exactly? They offer pretty much negligible performance uplift.

Would go with the Gigabyte or ASUS imho

R_1

Splendid
Herald
Why are M.2 slots good exactly? They offer pretty much negligible performance uplift.

Would go with the Gigabyte or ASUS imho
unless you have two of them. intra drive transfers are nuts. the prices on them are dropping and with two installed that is 4 less cables to impede airflow inside the case. like I said variations on a theme. slight ones at that.

unless you have two of them. intra drive transfers are nuts. the prices on them are dropping and with two installed that is 4 less cables to impede airflow inside the case. like I said variations on a theme. slight ones at that.
Why would you move things in between drives? And it’s not like SATA drives are slow copying a 50GB file only takes a few minutes

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS