Question Motherboard choice

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Hello.
I have to upgrade my curent mobo and i whanna ask which motherboard is better:

ASUS TUF GAMING B650-PLUS or ASROCK B650E PG RIPTIDE WIFI.​

To me the most important thing is if the mobo support PCIE 5.0 for the next gen GPU,but i will be happy if somebody writh to me in the end which is better.

Solution
The B650e PG Riptide WiFi is the better board. It has a 14 phase 60a VRM configuration versus only a 12 phase 60a VRM configuration on the TUF B650-Plus. It also has some available PCIe 5.0 throughput for the primary PCIe x16 slot and one M.2 slot. The PLUS has no PCIe 5.0 support.

It also has WiFi 6e support while the PLUS only has WiFI 6.

If the price is SIGNIFICANTLY different though, then the PLUS is a viable option as well, however it lacks the PCIe 5.0 support you are looking for while the Riptide WiFi includes it.

The B650e PG Riptide WiFi is the better board. It has a 14 phase 60a VRM configuration versus only a 12 phase 60a VRM configuration on the TUF B650-Plus. It also has some available PCIe 5.0 throughput for the primary PCIe x16 slot and one M.2 slot. The PLUS has no PCIe 5.0 support.

It also has WiFi 6e support while the PLUS only has WiFI 6.

If the price is SIGNIFICANTLY different though, then the PLUS is a viable option as well, however it lacks the PCIe 5.0 support you are looking for while the Riptide WiFi includes it.

Solution