[SOLVED] Motherboard Choosing Help

Jun 22, 2020
I am planning to upgrade my horrible Gigabyte b350m D3SH to a new Micro ATX motherboard,
So currently I am looking for a Micro ATX Motherboard with AM4 Socket, with 4 Dimm Slots that are DDR4 3200 compatible, with Good Quality VRM and VRM heat sinks for overclocking my Ryzen 5 2600. I would most prefer a b450 motherboard but if the price it right I could opt in for a x470 (idk yet about b550 or x570). Another must is that IT must have a CPU_OPT header for my AIO Cooler

Currently I am looking at this board ASUS TUF Gaming B450m Pro S
Are there any motherboards that may fit my needs?

Solution
No reviews and not included on the resource list by RaisonJohn that has all the Ryzen motherboards, but looking at the board itself on the ASUS website I'm guessing that it is similar to the non-S version, but probably cuts a few corners, so it is likely about on par with the B450m Steel legend and is probably ok-ish.

Never said anything about the "non-S tuff gaming pro" though. I said to look at the B450M Plus gaming, which is an entirely different board than the B450M-Pro. I think that board is a much better choice and has a superior build quality and VRM configuration. It is likely your very best choice under your budget and for what you want to do, that I can see.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Asus TUF...
How much are you willing to spent on this board? Obviously, yes, less is better, but realistically, what can you afford to spend on a micro ATX board with four DIMM slots that is of sufficient quality and has a reliable VRM configuration for overclocking?

Jun 22, 2020
How much are you willing to spent on this board? Obviously, yes, less is better, but realistically, what can you afford to spend on a micro ATX board with four DIMM slots that is of sufficient quality and has a reliable VRM configuration for overclocking?
I am willing to spend up to 130 ish for the board, I know its A LOT for a mATX board, but I do not think I will ever get out of mATX because of my tight surrounding working area

The B450M Plus Gaming is probably your best bang for the buck choice, with a decent VRM configuration and the ability to handle a 3900x at a stable 4.3Ghz for about 122 bucks.

If you want to spend less than 100 bucks then your best choice is probably the ASRock B450m steel legend but the overclocking isn't nearly as good with reviews showing it generally lacking stability beyond 4.1Ghz on the Ryzen 5 2600.

Either of them has four DIMM slots, sufficient fan headers, M.2 support and good enough VRMs, but the Plus gaming is decidedly better. I'd probably recommend choosing between one of these two boards depending on what your budget dictates.

Jun 22, 2020
The B450M Plus Gaming is probably your best bang for the buck choice, with a decent VRM configuration and the ability to handle a 3900x at a stable 4.3Ghz for about 122 bucks.

If you want to spend less than 100 bucks then your best choice is probably the ASRock B450m steel legend but the overclocking isn't nearly as good with reviews showing it generally lacking stability beyond 4.1Ghz on the Ryzen 5 2600.

Either of them has four DIMM slots, sufficient fan headers, M.2 support and good enough VRMs, but the Plus gaming is decidedly better. I'd probably recommend choosing between one of these two boards depending on what your budget dictates.
Thanks for the info, Ill look into the non S Asus tuff gaming pro, What do you think about the motherboard I was looking at (OP)? The ASUS tuf b450m gaming pro S?

No reviews and not included on the resource list by RaisonJohn that has all the Ryzen motherboards, but looking at the board itself on the ASUS website I'm guessing that it is similar to the non-S version, but probably cuts a few corners, so it is likely about on par with the B450m Steel legend and is probably ok-ish.

Never said anything about the "non-S tuff gaming pro" though. I said to look at the B450M Plus gaming, which is an entirely different board than the B450M-Pro. I think that board is a much better choice and has a superior build quality and VRM configuration. It is likely your very best choice under your budget and for what you want to do, that I can see.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Asus TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($122.38 @ Amazon)
Total: $122.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-14 15:36 EDT-0400

Solution