[SOLVED] Motherboard claiming that only one 4-pin CPU power cable is connected

DarriaNCZE

Honorable
Nov 1, 2014
Hi,

I have decided to ask here, because I am seriously out of ideas. Motherboard has started to claim during POST that only one 4-pin CPU cable is connected. In the reality, I have two 4-pin CPU cables connected.

This message appears for a few seconds, and then PC boots correctly.

My computer is only a few months old i7 9700K + ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H Gaming motherboard.

I have checked multiple times that the cables are firmly connected on both motherboard and my modular power supply (750W EVGA).

However, apart of this message, computer is working as it should (in my opinion). CPU is correctly turboboosting, etc. So I am beginning to think that the actual indication of a cable is broken, and that in reality both cables are properly powering the PC.

Is there any way how to check this? Do you have any other idea? Many thanks.

Solution
Maybe your cable is faulty.... even with 1 - 4pin cable your CPU should behave just fine... there is 8 pin for the CPU for OC... so once you start OC the CPU you might be in trouble, until then i think you will be fine...
Maybe your cable is faulty.... even with 1 - 4pin cable your CPU should behave just fine... there is 8 pin for the CPU for OC... so once you start OC the CPU you might be in trouble, until then i think you will be fine...

Solution

DarriaNCZE

Honorable
Nov 1, 2014

I have found a spare CPU power kabel, so I have tried to change them and issue disappeared. It was truly a faulty cable. Many thanks :)

TRENDING THREADS