[SOLVED] Motherboard clears all Q-LEDs but won't display anything ?

Sep 22, 2021
I finally decided to upgrade and buy all shiny new parts to build out a PC. After getting all the hardware in I turned the PC on. I was bathed in a warm RGB glow (but rather cool because of all the fans). Everything seemed to start up and work great. Fans are running, GPU lights up, motherboard's lights all turn on. It runs through the QLED checklist and doesn't stay lit up on any of them. But no matter what I try I can't get any video signal.

I downloaded the updated BIOS from ASUS website and tried BIOS flashback. The first few tries didn't work (the light stayed green) and then I found out I was using the BIOS for the non-wifi version of this motherboard. I got the correct BIOS update, redid flashback, it did its thing and finished normally this time. Still no results. The monitor turns on when the PC does, recognizing power but turns off shortly after with no image and can't get to BIOS screen.

I've tried everything I can think of and research. I've changed the location of the GPU between the two ports, i've changed the location of the SSD between the two M.2 slots, i've reseated and rearranged all the ram, popped out the CPU and put it back in, reset the CMOS, rechecked all my wiring, tried multiple monitors, multiple hdmi cords and don't see anything out of the ordinary to the best of my knowledge. I'm at a loss. I know the 5950x doesn't have onboard graphics and wonder if that has something to do with it. I'm really starting to wonder if I have a DOA motherboard or CPU but hopefully someone has an answer that I haven't tried.

My build:
Asus ROG STRIX B550-F WiFI
MSI GeForce RTX 3060Ti
Ryzen 9 5950x
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GBx4
WD_Black 2TB NVMe SSD
NZXT Kraken X63

Solution
I finally figured out my issue and wanted to share my solution in case anyone stumbles across this with the same issue.

My MOBO came back from ASUS with support saying nothing was wrong so I was back to square to one. I even bought all new RAM, sure that was the only other plausible issue.

Turns out the HDMI port on my GPU is faulty or damaged. I got a display port adapter for an HDMI cord and it works like a charm. Obviously concerning that the HDMI port is no good but the GPU along with the rest of my PC seems to be working great.

If your PC gets to boot light but you have no image, try a display port cord!
Sep 22, 2021
@Phillip Corcoran thanks for you reply. I'm running off an evga supernova 1000 G5 80 plus. I tried bread boxing it because I was worried something was getting shorted by the case and actually managed to see bios screen for a couple seconds. Tried to start up again several times and never saw it again. After contacting ASUS support they seem to think there's an issue with motherboard and are going to try repairing it.

Sep 22, 2021
I finally figured out my issue and wanted to share my solution in case anyone stumbles across this with the same issue.

My MOBO came back from ASUS with support saying nothing was wrong so I was back to square to one. I even bought all new RAM, sure that was the only other plausible issue.

Turns out the HDMI port on my GPU is faulty or damaged. I got a display port adapter for an HDMI cord and it works like a charm. Obviously concerning that the HDMI port is no good but the GPU along with the rest of my PC seems to be working great.

If your PC gets to boot light but you have no image, try a display port cord!

Solution