Question Motherboard code 00 HELP

danielfitz01

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Hello, I recently built my first computer last month and everything was working fine, I was using the computer all day, lost internet connection for some reason , restarted the computer and boom code 00 appears, none of the peripherals are working and my monitor isn't detecting a connection.

All the parts are brand new, I am using a ASUS Maximus hero xi motherboard, intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG strix RTX 2070 OC GPU,

I googled some things, some things said faulty parts, others said to take parts out, is there a way to fix this without pulling things out and reconnecting things. ive heard code 00 is a common thing for ASUS motherboards and can be fixed with a reset switch or something.

can anyone help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated, its my first build and im quite panicked to be honest.

Thanks,

Andrei N

Honorable
Feb 22, 2016
you are describing a motherboard issue. it's possible that you need to send it to warranty.
Now you need to start the system barebone and work from there.
First step is to remove all but 1 RAM DIMM and the CPU, try to start the system and see if the error code changes. (bios reset should be done prior to this, if you can't find the jumper or the switch then you can take out the bios battery and put it back after a couple of minutes).
If the system does not start like this it's most likely the MB, the other culprit might be the PSU, or it might be the cooling on the CPU however it's 95% MB and 5% anything else.

In the case that the PC runs barebone, you can start adding stuff on until it fails again.

danielfitz01

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
you are describing a motherboard issue. it's possible that you need to send it to warranty.
Now you need to start the system barebone and work from there.
First step is to remove all but 1 RAM DIMM and the CPU, try to start the system and see if the error code changes. (bios reset should be done prior to this, if you can't find the jumper or the switch then you can take out the bios battery and put it back after a couple of minutes).
If the system does not start like this it's most likely the MB, the other culprit might be the PSU, or it might be the cooling on the CPU however it's 95% MB and 5% anything else.

In the case that the PC runs barebone, you can start adding stuff on until it fails again.
I have put in a request with ASUS for the warranty, ill strip the computer down tomorrow, to see what the issue is, thanks for the reply

danielfitz01

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Hello, I recently built my first computer last month and everything was working fine, I was using the computer all day, lost internet connection for some reason , restarted the computer and boom code 00 appears, none of the peripherals are working and my monitor isn't detecting a connection.

All the parts are brand new, I am using a ASUS Maximus hero xi motherboard, intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG strix RTX 2070 OC GPU,

I googled some things, some things said faulty parts, others said to take parts out, is there a way to fix this without pulling things out and reconnecting things. ive heard code 00 is a common thing for ASUS motherboards and can be fixed with a reset switch or something.

can anyone help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated, its my first build and im quite panicked to be honest.

Thanks,
Update for anyone that has this issue and is reading forums, I was given steps to follow by ASUS which was to
make a CMOS reset of the BIOS by taking out the CMOS battery for 3-5 minutes while the PSU is unplugged. While the power cord from the PSU is still unplugged, press the power button down for 30 seconds to power discharge the unit. Then place the CMOS battery back in, plug in the PSU and try again.

After this go into the BIOS > Advanced Menu > APM Configuration, from here set the ERP Ready to Enabled S4 + S5 or Enabled S5 and set the Restore AC Power Loss to Last State and test the motherboard again.

This was also to be done while the computer was in minimal specification which was the CPU, PSU, 1 storage and 1 RAM stick.

For me this did not work, My motherboard still displayed the Q code 00, was disappointing to be honest, I sent my CPU away, it was tested and was fine, just need to send away my motherboard now, so its more than likely my motherboard but there is like a 1% chance my power supply isn't giving the correct power to the cpu power rails which is showing the code 00.

TRENDING THREADS