Motherboard compatibility ?

Oct 28, 2018
I just bought a Asrock b450m-hdv motherboard, but I don't know what ram I can buy. I am thinking about getting these (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
), but they are not on the Memory QVL page. Please help me find out what ram I can buy and at what speed they can be at.

Solution

Your board supports up to 3200mhz ddr4 ram if you are prepared to overclock the memory in the bios... It supports every speed under that automatically. As for compatibility, I suppose it doesn't hurt to buy officially supported ram from your motherboard manufacturers list if you aren't to confident with computer stuff... They have tested it to make sure it works. That being said.....

ANY decent brand name new ddr4 ram of the appropriate speed for that motherboard will work...

jarodatkinson

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017

Your board supports up to 3200mhz ddr4 ram if you are prepared to overclock the memory in the bios... It supports every speed under that automatically. As for compatibility, I suppose it doesn't hurt to buy officially supported ram from your motherboard manufacturers list if you aren't to confident with computer stuff... They have tested it to make sure it works. That being said.....

ANY decent brand name new ddr4 ram of the appropriate speed for that motherboard will work just fine 99 point something percent of the time. 2 sticks of 2400mhz 8gb ram from any good manufacturer would be my advice..... just get the best you can afford in the price bracket you are looking at...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS