tuzain221

Reputable
Jul 29, 2018
Hey,
I have got an ACER G3-710 motherboard which I’m looking to do some upgrades on.
I’m looking to upgrade the standard Intel I5 6600k CPU to an Intel I5 10400F CPU. I am also looking to upgrade my GTX 1060 3GB to a GTX 1660Ti.

Im writing a thread purely because to see if these upgrades will be compatible with this type of motherboard and to see if this wouldn’t bottleneck anything I have seen many threads online but all give a different answer contesting my mind.
If they turn out not to be compatible, could anyone be kind enough to leave some suggestions/recommendations.

Hey,
I have got an ACER G3-710 motherboard which I’m looking to do some upgrades on.
I’m looking to upgrade the standard Intel I5 6600k CPU to an Intel I5 10400F CPU. I am also looking to upgrade my GTX 1060 3GB to a GTX 1660Ti.

Im writing a thread purely because to see if these upgrades will be compatible with this type of motherboard and to see if this wouldn’t bottleneck anything I have seen many threads online but all give a different answer contesting my mind.
If they turn out not to be compatible, could anyone be kind enough to leave some suggestions/recommendations.
well you need and adequate psu for it if your current psu is not adequate enough

For motherboard, i would prefer any B560/B560M Motherboard from Asrock and MSi, or the H410 ones if you didnt plan to use any gen 11 cpus. B560 chipset benefit for memory overclocking, might want to have the feature for later if you want to buy a fast ram at cheap price.