Question Motherboard compatible with i7-4930k

mutlimattster

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hi all,

I have recently run into trouble with my build and am in the process of updating my specs. I just got 2 8gb xpg spectrix d80 ddr4-3600 sticks and found out they do not fit into my current motherboard (ASUS P9X79 LE). I have been looking for another motherboard to replace my one and am having trouble finding one that is compatible with both the ram sticks and my i7-4930k cpu. I am eying the ASUS ROG STRIX B-450-I, but I couldn't find a definitive answer regarding whether it is compatible with my cpu. I have checked to see if its compatible with my XPG RAM and it seems so, meaning the cpu is my only issue right now.

I have tried pcpartpicker to no avail, and I'm wondering if I will just have to replace my CPU as well, which I am trying not to do as that would just be one more thing to buy.

My other relevant(?) specs are a GTX 780 graphics card, 1tb SSD and a Corsair 750W CS Series power supply.

Any information is appreciated.
Thanks

Sorry, but you will not find a motherboard that is both compatible with your CPU and DDR4 memory. Your CPU works with DDR3 only.

The B450 motherboard is for AMD Ryzen and other socket AM4 (AMD) CPUs. It is not compatible with any Intel CPUs.