Question motherboard/computer/fans won't start

Jun 25, 2019
I am building a computer and i'm stuck in one point where the motherboard will not start by pressing power switch, even when jumping the power with screwdriver directly from the motherboard doesn't help.
All the connections are fine and motherboard is receiving some amount of power from the power supply since LEDs of front chassis turn on,,,
BUT however no fans are turning on when hitting power on?

Jun 25, 2019
Did the motherboard ever turned on? (Like at any point of time?)

Also, what are the specs like?
Yes it turned on for about 5-10 seconds until it shutdown and didn't work again. At this point it was my friend who did this, so I was not there smelling if anything was smelt burnt. Motherboard is B85M-ITX, which is quite old and it uses DDR3 ram, processor is Intel I5 4670 K and power supply is seasonic focus plus 550 gold.
And at this point I am thinking of buying a new motherboard which uses DDR4 Ram slots and one that would be much newer and since it was already used piece (should have included that in this thread)

And also power supply was fine. I started it up with a paperclip by putting it in the 24 pin ATX.
I cleared CMOS from the motherboard also.

vincentneo

Proper
Dec 25, 2018
Before you get a new motherboard, maybe check if there were any shorts or headers placed in wrong order. That would require you to find the motherboard's manual out, to see what it should be like. If that doesn't work as well, then I think that you should go and get a new one.