[SOLVED] Motherboard CPU & DRAM failure

May 25, 2021
Hi all,

I'm not getting display... not booting to Bios either.
The motherboard giving false info of failure (CPU and DRAM) EZ Debug light, luckily I have a spare motherboard to test that and I confirmed that the CPU and Ram are completely fine.
So what's happening to my Motherboard? (Asus Z170A PLUS)

I tried the following.. Still no luck.
  1. cleared CMOS
  2. changed my monitor
  3. changed my graphics card
  4. changed my power supply
  5. changed the CPU and RAM

Solution
Wash it with a hose and fresh water, use a small jet of water to clean the board thoroughly.

Let it dry overnight in front of an electric fan, or if you get a lot of sunlight, a day-long sunbath should be fine, the connectors size should be placed downward to allow water to drain.
Wash it with a hose and fresh water, use a small jet of water to clean the board thoroughly.

Let it dry overnight in front of an electric fan, or if you get a lot of sunlight, a day-long sunbath should be fine, the connectors size should be placed downward to allow water to drain.

Solution
Jan 30, 2021

Don't do that. It'll ruin it.

May 25, 2021
You can find a lot of videos about washing a motherboard with water on Youtube.

But yes, I've already done it even when Youtube didn't exist yet.
You can find a lot of videos about washing a motherboard with water on Youtube.

But yes, I've already done it even when Youtube didn't exist yet.
Hi @lvt
Do you think reballing the ic's will fix the issue?
I believe motherboard still alive, there's just some fault on it.