Question Motherboard cpu light is red

hhjkkh10

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
The cpu light is on. However, I can boot into Bios and everything looks okay. But my m.2 ssd isn't coming up and it's my only storage drive. Any advice? Ram is also okay.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Always on
Does it go away once the computer fully boots up? or is on while you are performing tasks like gaming and or plain use? I would try unplugging the power cord. flipping the switch to off. Then hit the power button on the case to expel any left over power. press about 3 times. wait a second open up the case. Find the CMOS battery and remove it for about 5 mins or so. What this will do is reset the settings

hhjkkh10

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
Does it go away once the computer fully boots up? or is on while you are performing tasks like gaming and or plain use? I would try unplugging the power cord. flipping the switch to off. Then hit the power button on the case to expel any left over power. press about 3 times. wait a second open up the case. Find the CMOS battery and remove it for about 5 mins or so. What this will do is reset the settings

Could it be possible that because the m.2 slot is gen 4 is connected from the processor. The m.2 slot not working could be linked to a CPU red light?

hhjkkh10

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015

I did all of this, now the cpu red light has gone but now I still cannot find the nvme ssd in my bios and the windows 10 install cannot detect it

hhjkkh10

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
O

Oh and the boot red light is on