Question Motherboard / CPU / RAM - Whats causing this ?

Jun 21, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Firstly thank you for your time and support i have scanned the foum and hope this is the correct place to post. this is a bit lengthy but i'll do my best to be quick...

I have a gaming pc - Specs roughly as per below

Skylakei7, 6700k - overclocked to 4.4ghz
I cant find my exact mobo model (at work currently) i believe its the model under MSI x370
DDR dominator ram
1000Watt corshair PSU
MSI 1080 GTX gaming GPU

Long story short i started seeing a few flickers whilst gaming - extremely on battlefield 1 :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftq2snZ4_uY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-unZmD4Bvc

Thinking this was the GPU i RMA the card for it to be sent back and told it was fine - i tested this in a friends PC with no issue.

Now thinking it could be the ram or MOBO i took out each stick ( 4 in total) and tested each one individually - during this process i managed to corrupt something and started getting the BSOD with a hardware issue... and couldnt boot ( can get to bios)

I then took the PC to a repair shop and the rest is a joke they had my PC for 5 months!!!

During this process, they told me it was the motherboard - i purchased a new motherboard at around £100 and they swapped it to tell me the issue was still there !!

They then told me it was the processor and asked me to buy a new one!!! I purchased an older processor using the same chipset and then they couldnt even get the PC to boot to bios testing on both motherboards.

Basically now i'm at a loss of what it could be - It's been almost a year now and it's just really getting me down - at this stage i would just pay for someone to fix it! - Although after wasting money and loads of time you can see why i'm apprehensive

I dont see how this could be the PSU as i can boot to bios - could this be the SSD ?

I'm really at a loss I lives in West london - if anyone know s a shop i can actually trust to look at this i would really appreciate it.

I use my PC to relax from the outside world and haven't started getting depressed again recently; i really could do with getting this sorted!

Any comments on what this could be or suggestions or where i can get this repaired would be hugely appreciated

Thanks

I'd suggest that you use the program called Rufus (free download) to burn another program called Memtest86 (also free) to a usb stick, and boot to this. Run the test and see if it comes up with any errors on your RAM. Do not bother with PC repair shops. It is like taking your car to a mechanical just to fix a punctured tyre, but they replace everything other than the tyre... As you have seen. The SSD shouldn't be causing such problems, but similar to RAM, this can also be tested. Look for your SSD manufacturer's diagnostic tool. For example, Seagate have a program called SeaTools. I would err on the side of a RAM problem due to it getting worse when you tested individual sticks, but just incase, what is the make, model and age of your PSU?

Jun 21, 2019
Firstly thank you for your reply and apologies my late one. I've had a few urgently family issues recently.

I have ran mem86 and no errors at all. I have also tried taking out the ssd and booting just from USB but with the same issue straight to BSOD the PSU is a corsair HX1000 modula PSU. I'm tearing my hair out! Anything else I can try?

thanks again