[SOLVED] Motherboard (cpu socket) high temperature

Apr 14, 2021
Greetings,
just finished from installing a new pc with used gpu , and faced strange problem.
after install the windows immediately installed the speccy app to see the cpu and used gpu temp , but I surprised with the motherboard was 122 C !!!
under the motherboard section : motherboard (cpu socket ) 122 c
I restart the computer and interd the bios and found out motherboard temp is 31 c
actually 122 c is insane and I'm afraid to run the pc again and caused any damaged to the cpu.
did any one faced something like this before ? is it safe to run the pc again ?

PC main specs:
ASRock H510M-HDV Motherboard
intel i5 11400
MSI gtx 1070
oloy 3200hz 16gb ram
psu gammax 700W
teamgroub ssd 1tb

Solution
I would consider it an issue with the monitoring app(s) due to the recent release of 11th gen. I ran into significant issue installing an older version of Windows I had on USB and had to go get the newest version to clear up some crazy behavior. I have also noted that RIVA tuner doesn't allow me to show CPU frequency on this 11th gen I just got. Hoping that will be worked out soon.
Apr 14, 2021
I replaced the ssd with my old pc ssd ... unfortunately the same thing also shows the same high temperature in spexxy and in HWMonitor as well.
It shows TMPIN6 122 c also TMPIN8 121 c.
Does that mean this high temp is real !!??

I replaced the ssd with my old pc ssd ... unfortunately the same thing also shows the same high temperature in spexxy and in HWMonitor as well.
It shows TMPIN6 122 c also TMPIN8 121 c.
Does that mean this high temp is real !!??
I don't know why you would swap SSDs.

I don't think the temp values are real.

I think they are incorrect values.

Sometimes the software is looking for a sensor that isn't there...and this can cause it to display the values you are seeing.

Apr 14, 2021
I don't know why you would swap SSDs.

I don't think the temp values are real.

I think they are incorrect values.

Sometimes the software is looking for a sensor that isn't there...and this can cause it to display the values you are seeing.
I thought the speccy app version not working properly, so i bring the old ssd with stable operation system to find out if the app is the problem or the motherboard it self

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I would consider it an issue with the monitoring app(s) due to the recent release of 11th gen. I ran into significant issue installing an older version of Windows I had on USB and had to go get the newest version to clear up some crazy behavior. I have also noted that RIVA tuner doesn't allow me to show CPU frequency on this 11th gen I just got. Hoping that will be worked out soon.

Solution