Motherboard / CPU Temperature Too high?

idrispendisbey

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Hello,

I recently changed my intel cpu fan for the first time. I removed the old thermal paste slowly using a cotton swab with alcohol and waited for it to dry for 15min. New thermal paste was already applied to the new fan. I placed it, checked the orientation and pushed opposite side pins. I can see the tip of the pins behind the motherboard.

However after changing it, CAM Monitor started giving errors saying that my cpu is overheating. I checked it in OpenHardwareMonitor. Even though it shows that cpu temperatures are ok, some of the temperature readings are high. https://imgur.com/a/Wt7FO

Temperature in BIOS showed around 30C temperatures. I tried realtemp. Realtemp results also show normal temperatures. https://imgur.com/a/LT1fd

Do you have any suggerstions on what to do? Is it safe to use the pc?

Thanks for your help.

Do you have any idea w

Lutfij

Titan
Let's start off by learning of your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU+CPU Cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you sure you mounted the cooler properly? With all the necessary connections made as they should be?

idrispendisbey

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
CPU: i7 3770 socket 1155
new cpu cooler = akasa k32
Motherboard: p8z77-v lx
Ram: 2 x GSKILL ripjaws 4gb ddr3
SSD/HDD: wd 1tb blue hdd
GPU: gtx 670
PSU: corsair cx600
Chassis: corsair . I couldnt find the model name written anywhere

I used the above system (except, used the original intel fan) for 3-4 years. I removed the cpu fan the previous day to clean it, but it fell down and one of the legs did not mount properly anymore. Therefore got a new cpu fan.

After installation, new cpu fan does not move when wiggled, black arrows at the bottom of the cpu fan legs can be seen behind the mobo, and arrows signs above the cpu fan legs point outside. Cpu fan cable is connected to the motherboard.

Apothys

Honorable
May 15, 2013

I am also having the same problem as you. A few of the CPU core's temps are spiking causing blue screen crashes. My CPU fan cooler is only about 6 months hold and a big heavy duty one, it has been working great up until now. I dont know if its the cooler or something else...