[SOLVED] Motherboard/CPU upgrade

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
So I am moving my CPU (Intel 5i 4670@3.40HGz) to AMD (AMD Ryzen 7 2700) for (reasons). I am also installing new motherboard and RAM as is expected. I am also adding a SSD PCIe M.2 to the motherboard.

I have Win10 OS and a handful of other apps like Steam, Minecraft, etc.

What do I need to do before the physical upgrade itself? Post upgrade?

Solution
I got the retail version do I just need authentication codes?
All you need is to actvate with same account as before and it will go thru automatically. Because of so much difference in systems, it's best to do clean install. Just download same version (pro/home and language) directly from MS, install and it will activate automatically on MS server when you connect to internet.
So I am moving my CPU (Intel 5i 4670@3.40HGz) to AMD (AMD Ryzen 7 2700) for (reasons). I am also installing new motherboard and RAM as is expected. I am also adding a SSD PCIe M.2 to the motherboard.

I have Win10 OS and a handful of other apps like Steam, Minecraft, etc.

What do I need to do before the physical upgrade itself? Post upgrade?
Get new Windows if yours are not Retail version.

I got the retail version do I just need authentication codes?
All you need is to actvate with same account as before and it will go thru automatically. Because of so much difference in systems, it's best to do clean install. Just download same version (pro/home and language) directly from MS, install and it will activate automatically on MS server when you connect to internet.

Solution

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
Ok will I need to reinstall any graphics card as well.