motherboard damage and availability

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015
Hello,

I have a few problems with an old motherboard... i have decided to build a pc with older parts that i replaced from my current pc... but imp. having the next issues:

1. when i connect gpu the pc dont even boot bios screen it just stay black

2. it have 2 ram slots, i can use only 1 because when i plug the second ram dont even boot bios screen it just stay black

3. after installing the audio drivers, the volumen icon recognize that there is the windows noise when moving the audio lever, but when i plug in my earphones, it just dont make any sound

4. without the second ram and the ju installed in the motherboard, the pc runs windows perfectly... but when i try to get in the bios i press DEL or F11 according to the comandos when i power on the pc, it only ask me which divise i want to boot, so it dones send me to any BIOS

my conclusions are that maybe the motherboard have some ports damaged for whatever reason, and maybe the bios thing is somehow gone? i dont know

i tried switching the ram memories and both are working in the ram slot that is working, i tried 2 diferent gpu in the pci express and still in the black screen...

i used all those components before i built my current pc, so it had enough power and everything were perfect including the BIOS back then

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i also would like to know if there's anywhere i could buy in internet this motherboard (its the one that im trying to use) in case that the one i have is broken

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Overview.aspx?CategoryID=1&DetailID=1093&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=24&LanID=0

or if there's any other new motherboard that could replace that one with same specifications or similar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope someone could help me to find a solution to my problem or get me some conclusions because i dont know anymore

Solution
First off, have you considered that the power supply could be barly powering yoru system and thus adding a second ram chip or GPU is failing

Secondly, ECS is pretty much the crapiest "name brand" motherboard out there so it is no suprise you are having issues

No, you can not use a new motherboard with 10 year old hardware.

Trying to find that specific model of motherboard will be extremily difficult (and even pointless if it is prone to problems).
If you are deadset on using that old hardware then look ebay for another socket 775 motherboard with Intel G41 and ICH7 chipsets in it.
Dont be supprised if you end up having to reinstall windows.
First off, have you considered that the power supply could be barly powering yoru system and thus adding a second ram chip or GPU is failing

Secondly, ECS is pretty much the crapiest "name brand" motherboard out there so it is no suprise you are having issues

No, you can not use a new motherboard with 10 year old hardware.

Trying to find that specific model of motherboard will be extremily difficult (and even pointless if it is prone to problems).
If you are deadset on using that old hardware then look ebay for another socket 775 motherboard with Intel G41 and ICH7 chipsets in it.
Dont be supprised if you end up having to reinstall windows.

Solution

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015

well i tried using a diferent and much powerful power supply and still the same issue, so im guessing its the motherboard having big problems, and yah i dont like that brand too

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015

you think this one could work?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/g41c-gs/

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015

you think this one could replace the one that i have? http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/g41c-gs/

TRENDING THREADS