Question Motherboard damage causing powerup issue

Aug 23, 2021
So i tried to build a new pc. Bought all the parts brand new. Built it. Pressed the power button, the pc started but to shutdown within a second. Tried again same issue. But when i double pressed the power button the pc booted normally, the bios screen appeared. So i tried again after shutting down and the issue was still there. Double press power button to booted the pc. So i took everything out of the case and tried everything separately. Found the issue to be the motherboard. I tried to claim the warranty by sending it back to the seller. But the seller instead sent me a video showing i had damaged the board and warranty is void, and the damage is the cause of power up issue. Can someone help identify if the power up issue really is caused by the damage. Btw the board was fine when i was sending it back to the seller.
specs:
Ryzen 5600x
B550 A strix
corsair vengeance rgb pro sl 3200mhz
Samsung 980 pro 500gb
Rtx 3080ti
corsair 4000d

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition? Source?

I do not understand the following:

1) "Found the issue to be the motherboard"

2)"Btw the board was fine when i was sending it back to the seller."

Who is the motherboard seller?

Post the video that the seller sent you via imgur (www.imgur.com) and provide the link so the damage can be seen.

Aug 23, 2021
So i tried to build a new pc. Bought all the parts brand new. Built it. Pressed the power button, the pc started but to shutdown within a second. Tried again same issue. But when i double pressed the power button the pc booted normally, the bios screen appeared. So i tried again after shutting down and the issue was still there. Double press power button to booted the pc. So i took everything out of the case and tried everything separately. Found the issue to be the motherboard. I tried to claim the warranty by sending it back to the seller. But the seller instead sent me a video showing i had damaged the board and warranty is void, and the damage is the cause of power up issue. Can someone help identify if the power up issue really is caused by the damage. Btw the board was fine when i was sending it back to the seller.
specs:
Ryzen 5600x
B550 A strix
Samsung 980 pro 500gb
Rtx 3080ti
corsair 4000d
[/QUO
specs:
Ryzen 5600x
B550 A strix
Samsung 980 pro 500gb
Rtx 3080ti
corsair 4000d

View: http://imgur.com/gallery/B5FB7fn

Post the video that the seller sent you via imgur (www.imgur.com) and provide the link so the damage can be seen.
Sorry, dont mind my grammer. Psu is xpg core reacter 850watts, everything was brand new sealed. And by "btw the board was fine" i meant when i was sending the board back to the seller for claiming warranty. There was no physical damage. But the seller sent me this video.
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/B5FB7fn

Aug 23, 2021

Ralston18

Titan
Restart:

So you have the motherboard back and the only issue now is the power button - correct?

Did you straighten the bent pins as suggested by @kurdtnz ?

Refer to the User Guides/Manuals for the motherboard and case to double check the power and reset button cable connection between motherboard and case.

Ensure that you are using the correct header and pins for the fans.

Open the case and identify the exact source/location of that blue flash.

My thought is that there is an existing short somewhere.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Aug 23, 2021
Restart:

So you have the motherboard back and the only issue now is the power button - correct?

Did you straighten the bent pins as suggested by @kurdtnz ?

Refer to the User Guides/Manuals for the motherboard and case to double check the power and reset button cable connection between motherboard and case.

Ensure that you are using the correct header and pins for the fans.

Open the case and identify the exact source/location of that blue flash.

My thought is that there is an existing short somewhere.
Yes. I have checked all the wires more than twice. And i took all the components out of the case and tested cpu and motherboard Separately, the issue was still there. And the bent pins, they were not bent when i was testing the motherboard, they somehow magically appeared when i sent back the motherboard to the seller🤷🏻‍♂️. And the seller claims the damage to the board ( not the pins) is the cause of power up issue.
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/5jcbPIY

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately we cannot do much about a dispute between you and the seller. No way to really know the facts and circumstances.

However, there may be some things you can try. If the motherboard is not working and no longer under warranty you can some fixes on your own.

Nothing to lose.

The image in Post #8 shows a bent pin.

Have you tried straightening that pin(or pins) as has been suggested? Do so very carefully to avoid breaking a pin off.

What fan connector was plugged in there? Check the connector - it may be damaged or faulty. Ensure that the fans & header pins match.

Again, where is that blue flash coming from?

There may be additional comments and suggestions as well. I have no problem with that.

Aug 23, 2021
Unfortunately we cannot do much about a dispute between you and the seller. No way to really know the facts and circumstances.

However, there may be some things you can try. If the motherboard is not working and no longer under warranty you can some fixes on your own.

Nothing to lose.

The image in Post #8 shows a bent pin.

Have you tried straightening that pin(or pins) as has been suggested? Do so very carefully to avoid breaking a pin off.

What fan connector was plugged in there? Check the connector - it may be damaged or faulty. Ensure that the fans & header pins match.

Again, where is that blue flash coming from?

There may be additional comments and suggestions as well. I have no problem with that.
Ok. So i checked everything out. The connector pins are not cause of powerup issue. As far as the pin goes, they can the straightened, but the seller says the damage to the board, is causing the issue, the seller is saying its shorting the board. U can see in the image. Its really small.
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/njOESMM