[SOLVED] Motherboard dead?

Tprior87

Reputable
Feb 17, 2017
I think I know the answer to this. I guess I'm just hear wondering (and honestly hoping) there's something else I can do. I recently took my PC apart to clean, replace thermal paste and put back together in a larger case. When I was finally done nothing worked. Oddly, power was going to my USB devices, like my headset. One by one, I unplugged different parts trying to troubleshoot the issue. It's gotten to the point where I just have the PSU hooked up to the motherboard. I tried using a jumper to start it; power button wasnt working.

I did find an old bored and plugged it in to the PSU, it powered on immediately... I suppose I just wanted to know if there was anything more I can do to potentially get it to function? I inspected the board thoroughly and can't seem to find any markings, rust or anything else. It was just working yesterday morning. =\

Solution
May fix but ps3 used to have that problem with ylod ( yellow light of death )
So motherboard isn’t technically dead on yours if it boots with it

Tprior87

Reputable
Feb 17, 2017
Haven't had power to do anymore testing. On the same day the tropical storm came up and I've had no power ever since. Did a little reading and someone in another thread said something about reflowing the motherboard. I remember doing that years ago for my uncle's PS3 motherboard and it got it working. Could this be a potential fix?

Thanks,

-Tim

Aug 6, 2020
May fix but ps3 used to have that problem with ylod ( yellow light of death )
So motherboard isn’t technically dead on yours if it boots with it

Solution