Question Motherboard Didn't Connect with 6gb SATA but can work with 3gb SATA

Joshxp

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2015
Hello guys,
I have old motherboard ECS H61h2-MV V1.0, Recently the motherboard got BIOS Corruption but after i'm Flash new bios ( Ver 05/29/2013 ) when i try to plug with 6Gb SATA cable, it wont POST.
after LOGO sometimes it's shut completely, but when i try use 3Gb SATA cable, it will boot indo dekstop,
Already try another disk without windows installed with 6Gb it detected,
Already try with another cable also still same with primary drives.
can it be the drives or bios didnt support?

CPU: I3-2100
Motherboard: ECS-H61H2-MV V1.0
Ram: 4GB DDR3
SSD/HDD: HDD Seagate 160Gb
GPU: GT 440
PSU: Powerlogic 450W

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You might want see if replacing the cable with another SATA cable alleviates the issue, sometimes used cables can end being faulty.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Joshxp

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2015
You might want see if replacing the cable with another SATA cable alleviates the issue, sometimes used cables can end being faulty.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.
Ups Sorry my bad, forget to include my system specs, but i already edit it.
So, Currently i have 3 different SATA with this list
1. 2 SATA 3Gbps
2. 1 SATA 6Gbps from My another PC
3. 1 SATA 6Gbps from Old PC
First before i'm reflash new BIOS, i am using cable number 3,
After flash BIOS when i try to using cable number 3, it automatically shut down after a few second, and didn't wnat to POST but the Brand LOGO shows.
then i try with cable number 1, it can but maybe cause faulty cable the read so slow,
the next day i try to replace it with cable number 2 took it from my pc and i still use that cable, but still same sympton with cable number 3,
and then i try to use another cable number 1, it can boot into windows.
Then i try to took another Hard Drive, To use all cables it can shown " No Bootable media " at least it POST.
i don't know why. is it cause BIOS settings or not? i dont know

TRENDING THREADS