Question Motherboard died, after not using the PC for a week

Jan 4, 2022
Hello, I wasnt using my PC for a week, when I tried to turn on my PC, my pc wouldn't t start, none of the fans or anything turned on, only thing that turned on was my keyboard logo light, at first I thought it was a PSU problem, i tried with diffrent PSU, still no luck and wouldn't turn on, then I took a diffrent MOBO and used the PSU that i was using with the dead motherboard and my pc turned on, so I know it was a MOBO problem, I just wanna know if anyone can tell me what caused the MOBO to die after a week of not using it?

PC specs:
CPU- i5 4570
GPU- AMD Radeon R7 360
RAM 8gb DDR3
SSD/HHD 1TB HDD, 128GB SSD
MOBO:
working motherboard-Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P85-D3
the one that died - msi h81m-p33

thaks for all the help, and also sorry for bad grammar english is not my first language

Last edited:
I just wanna know if anyone can tell me what caused the MOBO to die after a week of not using it?
it just felt neglected and committed suicide.

but seriously, unless this unit is just known for random failing then there's nothing anyone could tell you without actually going through some intensive troubleshooting.
check the MSI support forums and see if there are multiple mentions of this particular unit failing for no good reason.