[SOLVED] Motherboard display ports question

HOLDMYPC

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
I have ordered an ASUS Prime A320M-K and a ryzen 5 3500 and a RX 550 GPU
I am building my own pc and i just wanna ask whether can i connect my vga cable to the motherboard as my monitor only has vga and the gpu doesnt and nor does the cpu has an integrated gpu so plz help this is my 1st build...

Solution
No.

If the motherboard does not have or support integrated GPU then its' VGA port will not work.

Does the following link present your GPU?

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/radeon-rx-550

There are adapters available.

Google "DVI - VGA" adapter, or "HDMI-VGA adapter". Vary the search criteria to narrow down potential adapter choices.

Read the specifications carefully to ensure that the adapter configuration (plugs and ports) will match.

Ralston18

Titan
No.

If the motherboard does not have or support integrated GPU then its' VGA port will not work.

Google "DVI - VGA" adapter, or "HDMI-VGA adapter". Vary the search criteria to narrow down potential adapter choices.

Read the specifications carefully to ensure that the adapter configuration (plugs and ports) will match.

Solution

HOLDMYPC

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
No.

Yes that is the gpu but will a hdmi to vga connector work ???

Aug 1, 2020
I have ordered an ASUS Prime A320M-K and a ryzen 5 3500 and a RX 550 GPU
I am building my own pc and i just wanna ask whether can i connect my vga cable to the motherboard as my monitor only has vga and the gpu doesnt and nor does the cpu has an integrated gpu so plz help this is my 1st build...

Answer is you can connect the VGA cable to the VGA port on motherboard Asus Prime A320M-K if the cpu supports it,

As for the graphic card you have issue unless you can buy a VGA to HDMI or VGA to DVI adapter you will need to purchases either new monitor that supports the display ports require for the graphic card.

Other wise you need to purchase a new graphic card that supports the Monitor,

my advice is this considering that the newer motherboards Z490 brand, and the 1650 and above graphic card are now really only supporting two main formats HDMI and DVI types your better off getting a new computer monitor.

My experience with ASUS motherboards is they are dam pain in the back side for on going support its limited and very sarces on device drivers i ditch their armour crate software and just went with default so i could use intel drivers, other third party software drivers as Armour crate does not like you use other third party software and device drivers.

Ralston18

Titan
Yes: A HDMI to VGA adapter should work.

I use "should" only because there are so many products ("adapters" included) that use a broad interpretation of compatible.

And they are often made very cheaply and the additional plugs and cables just create more points of possible failure.

I also suggest getting a new HDMI monitor if at all possible.

If a new monitor is not possible, then try to borrow an adapter/HDMI to VGA cable. Ask around - family and friends. Especially techy types. Good chance that one of them will have an unused adapter that you can use for testing.

Otherwise just go to stores or online to find and purchase an adapter.

Amazon, for example, offers a number of products.

https://www.amazon.com/hdmi-vga-adapter/s?k=hdmi+to+vga+adapter

But there are other sources as well.