[SOLVED] Motherboard does not support UEFI (MBR2GBT)

May 25, 2020
I've done something very stupid which I now realise.

I read online that GBT "UEFI" would be better than my current BIOS setup. So I converted using the command prompter.
I did not realise that my motherboard does not support UEFI, so now my computer starts with a black screen and goes no further. I can access the BIOS but there are no drives now because it is GBT.

I am looking to upgrade my pc anyway but I've realised I might lose my files from the HDD.

What is the best way to go about saving my files/getting my PC running again? I realise I might have to buy a new motherboard.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Solution
What is the best way to go about saving my files/getting my PC running again? I realise I might have to buy a new motherboard.

You do a full wipe and reinstall, and recover your personal files from the backup you made before you did this.
May 25, 2020
Yes.
Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Docking-Station-Support/dp/B0099TX7O4

I have one for just this type of situation.
So the SATA docking station arrived and all went smoothly. I was able to read it from my laptop so I have backed up my important files on the laptop. I converted the drive back to MPR with a software which kept all the data on the drive.
Now I have installed the drive back in my pc and upon bootup I get a flashing white dash. Is there anything I should try to get this up and working?

USAFRet

Titan
So the SATA docking station arrived and all went smoothly. I was able to read it from my laptop so I have backed up my important files on the laptop. I converted the drive back to MPR with a software which kept all the data on the drive.
Now I have installed the drive back in my pc and upon bootup I get a flashing white dash. Is there anything I should try to get this up and working?
So, going back to the beginning, this is when you do the full install.

May 25, 2020
So, going back to the beginning, this is when you do the full install.

Okay thanks, if I wanted.. could I install windows on a new SSD and keep all my old files on the original HDD as a secondary drive? Or is windows locked to the first drive? Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
Okay thanks, if I wanted.. could I install windows on a new SSD and keep all my old files on the original HDD as a secondary drive? Or is windows locked to the first drive? Thanks
Sure, you can install on a new drive.

Applications on the old drive won't be usable.
Your personal docs may be linked to the previous /User/, and you'll have to TakeOwnership of those locations. And that is even if your new account name is the same as it was in the previous OS. The NTFS user is different.

May 25, 2020
Sure, you can install on a new drive.

Applications on the old drive won't be usable.
Your personal docs may be linked to the previous /User/, and you'll have to TakeOwnership of those locations. And that is even if your new account name is the same as it was in the previous OS. The NTFS user is different.
Just to update you, I did a full wipe/reinstall of windows and my PC is now up and working thanks to your help. Seems to be running smoother as well which is a bonus.
Thanks