[SOLVED] Motherboard doesn’t detect my cpu

Aug 27, 2019
So recently i had a problem with my pc I don’t know how this happened but all I remember is that I unplugged the gpu so i can switch the sata ports from 5 and 6 to 1 and 2 ,
After I done that I tried to run my pc and when i turn it on the ez debug cpu turns on and there is no display on the screen also the usb ports doesn’t work at all and the power led doesn’t light even that I’m sure that they front panel is plugged correctly, otherwise everything is ok with the system the ram and the gpu is working i even tried them on my friends pc and they worked i also tried to use another gpu on my pc but nothing happened and i tried to turn it on with the display port on the motherboard and nothing happened,another thing i did is using one ram stick but also nothing happened and finally i reseated the cpu and before that I searched for any bent pins and i everything was fine.

Motherboard : msi z370 gaming plus
Gpu : msi gtx 1070 ti
Cpu : intel i5 8600k
Ram : g.skillz trident 16g 3200
Power switch: rosewill hive 650w
Case : nzxt h500

Solution
Many motherboards have included jumpers. The procedure is quite easy. Turn off pc. Pull jumper from pins 1-2 and place on 2-3. Count to 10. Remove jumper from 2-3 and replace on 1-2. All done.

If it's an unjumpered 2 pin, just use a smallish flathead screwdriver, and stick it gently between the pins so they both touch. Count to 10. Done.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is the cpu eps plug still connected top left of the board? It might've came out. Check the psu end too if this cable is modular.

Check cpu_fan header is also still connected.

You did power down completely and unplug the power cord before doing this?

Aug 27, 2019
Is the cpu eps plug still connected top left of the board? It might've came out. Check the psu end too if this cable is modular.

Yes the eps are plugged on both sides , I checked for the cpu fan and it seemed fine as all the fans , yes i power it down everytime i do something with it.

Aug 27, 2019

I also double checked for everything

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you tried clearing cmos?

Remove the motherboard battery for a few minutes or short the clr cmos pins.

Leave the battery in when shorting the pins. If remove the battery, disconnect power and hold the case power button for a good 30seconds to discharge remaining power. Remember which side the battery goes back.

Reactions: Black knight7
Aug 27, 2019
Have you tried clearing cmos?

Remove the motherboard battery for a few minutes or short the clr cmos pins.

Leave the battery in when shorting the pins. If remove the battery, disconnect power and hold the case power button for a good 30seconds to discharge remaining power. Remember which side the battery goes back.
I haven’t done that but I’ll try to today and see what happens

Aug 27, 2019
When you changed the Sata connections, you needed to do a reset or clear cmos in order to get those ports aligned and recognised in bios and the 5/6 unpopulated. Without that, the pc is trying to post but getting errors as stuff it's looking for isn't there.
Ok so clearing the cmos should should do it, I’ll go to a local store today hoping to find a jumper so i can reset it

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Many motherboards have included jumpers. The procedure is quite easy. Turn off pc. Pull jumper from pins 1-2 and place on 2-3. Count to 10. Remove jumper from 2-3 and replace on 1-2. All done.

If it's an unjumpered 2 pin, just use a smallish flathead screwdriver, and stick it gently between the pins so they both touch. Count to 10. Done.

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Correct me if im wrong but i thought modern motherboards have done away with jumper holders and equipped boards with only two pins to clr cmos. This board doesn't appear to have additional pins to return the jumper nor a jumper by the sounds of it.