Question Motherboard doesn't want to start up ?

Diesel_.

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
Hey! I have a problem with my mobo.

Its a Supermicro X7DBE mobo, it doesnt want to start up. I have tried different psu but still not works, without gpu, without cpu and ram. Neither of them works.
3 days ago it was working fine, no reboots, started fine. 2days ago it started somehow, but it was like: fans spooling up, stalling, spool up, stall, spool up for 1-2sec, stall again. I thought it was my PSU. But turns out no, i have anothet psu, but still the same thing. If i short the psus green&black wire the mobo starts, but the "on light" that indicates that the mobo is on doesnt light up. No indicators on mobo that it would be bad. No burn marks, nothing visible damage. CPU pins ok, no blown capacitors, tried resetting the CMOS, new battery.

What could be the problem? I have no idea now, something could be wrong with the "starting mechanism? How could i trace it down if its that?

Diesel_.

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
Also, if i jumpstart the psu via the green&blacj wire and keep it there, the cpu and north bridge get warm, so idt that the mobo is bad. I have also a lot of "dirt" on it, i live in a pretty humidity area. So when dust collect, and i turn off the pc, dirt forms around the components. How can i clean that?

Last edited: