[SOLVED] Motherboard DRAM Light

Mar 24, 2020
I have an Asus ROG Strix X570 and the DRAM light on the motherboard sometimes turns orange and gets stuck and won't post. I fixed this problem by completely flushing the power by turning off the pc from the power supply and turning it back on and the PC posts like normal?

Should I be worried as it's my first custom build

And it is annoying to have to go through this process every couple of boots

Thank you for your replys

Last edited:
Solution
Asus ROG Strix X570 - partial motherboard model number
Memory - Unknown - no listing

Is that the question, "I fixed this problem by completely flushing the power by turning off the pc from the power supply and turning it back on and the PC posts like normal?"?

Some people think that as long as something is filling a memory slot, the PC should work, unfortunately that often is not the case. There are many different choices when it comes to memory. The DRAM light being on indicates a problem. It may be your choice of memory.
Asus ROG Strix X570 - partial motherboard model number
Memory - Unknown - no listing

Is that the question, "I fixed this problem by completely flushing the power by turning off the pc from the power supply and turning it back on and the PC posts like normal?"?

Some people think that as long as something is filling a memory slot, the PC should work, unfortunately that often is not the case. There are many different choices when it comes to memory. The DRAM light being on indicates a problem. It may be your choice of memory.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS